I have a quick little share for you this morning, especially if you're feeling loved-up or grateful for your friends.
Strictly speaking, I've not always been a fan of Valentine's Day. Letting someone know you love them should be an any and every day thing, not a one-day-a-year event. But once again, blogging has managed to shift my perspective. There are so many beautiful, handmade ideas out there which celebrate not only love but also friendship, that it's hard not to fall starry-eyed head over heart-covered heels.
While some of them (including my Valentine tags) are specific to the day itself, it's wonderful that plenty of the projects would work all year round, fitting in with the ethos that any time is a good time to say 'i love you'.
Like the Christmas Baggage Tags, these come four to a sheet (Valentine's Day and Valentine's Hug, each in white and kraft), ready to be printed out as many times as you like.
Obviously, they're perfect for tying to your Valentine's Day presents, but there are all sorts of other things you can do with them, too.
- Clip to small bags filled with sweets or cookies (homemade, if you please), ready to hand out to friends, family members or classmates.
- Use to decorate a Valentine-themed scrapbook page or mini-book (try using the tag shape as a template for the other pages in the book, too).
- Mount onto a larger piece of card or patterned paper to make quick and easy Valentine's Day cards.
- Print off a few sheets, cut out the tags and write a message on the back of each one, before hiding all around the house for your Valentine to find during the day. Try putting them in the fridge, inside pockets or wallets, taped to the bathroom mirror, tucked into a packed lunch, stuck to the back of a cupboard door, slipped under a cushion or pillow - anywhere you know the person will be likely to go, and just as likely to be surprised by finding a love note.
- Use as above, but write clues on the back instead of messages, and set up a Valentine's Day treasure hunt - maybe for something serious, like a ring, or just as a fun activity for the smaller and younger objects of your affection.
- Print off this bonus template, and cut out from an extra piece of card or paper. Fold along the dotted lines, and stick the shaded sections to the back of a single tag, turning it into a cute mini-envelope that's perfect for giving a Valentine's token or voucher.
- Add an extra splash of colour by tracing around the tag and cutting a second one from patterned card or paper. Cut that out and layer underneath the original, tying thread or ribbon through the holes in both (see image below).
Because you know I love you, too.